Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets hear it, Roll bar up or down while your driving

I personally love the roll bar look on my car, not to mention the extra looks i get cause of it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
roll bar up with windbreaker when i want to smoke or listen to music or have a peacefull ride :cool:
roll bar down with windows down when i wanna feel fully convertible and hear the sounds:)
roll bar up with no windshield never :cool:

·
Administrator
8,707 Posts
The way I throw the car around the roll bar comes up on it's own :D (five times now)

·
Registered
16 Posts
my first convertible. why did the guy at the stealership tell me not to have the windscreen installed if I want to raise rollbar? he said either use the windscreen with rollbar down or no windscreen if I want rollbar up.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
my first convertible. why did the guy at the stealership tell me not to have the windscreen installed if I want to raise rollbar? he said either use the windscreen with rollbar down or no windscreen if I want rollbar up.
Welcome, fellow Jacksonvillian....

In a nutshell: Brumos are idiots. I'm happier with Orange Park so far, even though they're owned by the same group the service is for whatever reason a night & day difference.

You can still use the windscreen with the rollbar, you just don't open the upper portion of it like you would if the roll bar were down. Since the roll bar raises the mesh into the airstream you don't have to manually extend the hinged portion for it to work. It works about 85% as well as if you left the roll bar down and did it manually, but the positive tradeoff is just having to push the button on the dash rather than turning around to do it yourself...kind of like an automatic windscreen.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Roll bar down, screan up.
I feel the aluminum trim on my wind screen adds a sweet look to the cars appearance.
Plus, I dont loose the use of my rear view mirror :)

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I prefer the look of the roll bar and windows down if I am going very very slow (aka cruising for men lol), once I hit open road all "flaps" are up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Isaac dont feel that way, we all have different preferences I think you are unique in your approach to your car, and I think its great to be individual, keep it up
BTW r2 d2 was better than cp30 or whatever his name is

Baggers

·
Registered
178 Posts
roll bar looks cheesy to me. keep it down.............. (unless the greasy side of your car is facing up!)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Roll bar down (although trying to flip it up, sounds fun..), windscreen up.
I hate to admit it (only to you guys), but if I am driving a long distance with the top down, I may put the windows up...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I hate to admit it (only to you guys), but if I am driving a long distance with the top down, I may put the windows up...
+1 :D:D:D

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
+1 all the way...

If it's chilly out, seat heaters on, top down, windscreen up, windows up, and the heater on. The car will actually keep you surprisingly toasty in that configuration, even if it's sub-50 degrees outside....which is about as cold as it gets in FL.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts