Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1997 SL320
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed left side leaking cylinders on the convertible of my 1997 230 and all was good. Now the right side is leaking, so I manually put down the top. Everything was ok untill I put it up manually. Now the button to operate the top is lit up and flashing. How do I reset it and why is it on. When I took the cylinders out the last time I manually closed it and it was ok, no lights. Also I figured I would try closing it with the button but as soon as it started to open it stopped and lost all fluid. I am going to remove the cylinders next week but I want to make sure I didn't screw anything up, and also I want to shut off the light. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, Billy

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Billy, you probably want to post int he W208 forum as there may be more experts over there. However, my guess is that when doing the manual close, you didn't push something fully into place and there is a limit switch that didn't get activated. Or, you may just have a bad limit switch. If you have access to SDS, it can tell you the cause of the error.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts