Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver's side seatback is in shambles. I have pulled a beautiful, almost "like-new" passenger seatback and would like to apply it to the driver's side. Attaching the armrest is easy (holes in frame already exist), but I would also like to reverse the seatback adjuster so that it will be on the outboard side of the seat once installed. Has anyone done this? On first inspection, the potential for ruining the mechanism seems significant.

Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think this can be done. I removed some 1980 W123 leather seats and converted them to fit a 1974 W114. The mounting holes in the floor are the same. The W123 has the added feature of height adjustment with a manual ramp. The adjustment parts bolt on to the seat frame. As I recall, the DS and PS seats are the same - only the brackets are different. Look it over carefully to see if the mounting bolts have holes on both sides. Most manufacturers will use common parts when ever they can. Remember, these MB's were built for left hand and right hand drive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I considered a bench seat - maybe from a mini pickup. There was a Ranger in the junkyard...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts