Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody converted a 380sl or 560sl to a manual transmission? We're selling our 2001 BMW Z3 Coupe (anybody interested??) and my wife really likes these Mercedes SL convertibles. We're trying to find something fun so that she doesn't miss having the Z3 too much. [:(]

The thing is, both of us pretty much hate automatic transmssions. SO, I was wondering if anybody knows anything about putting a 5spd transmission in one of these? Does anybody know where I might go to find out information like this? Any other info that you might want to send my way about these cars would be appreciated too.

Thanks!
- Andrew Clarke.

·
Registered
560SL
28 Posts
the only major tuner or company to do auto to manual conversions for mbnz is renntech. ...

the only major tuner or company to do auto to manual conversions for mbnz is renntech. www.renntechmercedes.com
they are the most bad ass benz tuner on the market power wise and are truly expensive. if they serve as the benchmark for other benz mechanics, a tranny conversion is prohibitively expensive. probobly more than the value of the car. i suggest going to local transmission shops and inquire if they can do it. good luck, please let me know how it goes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts