Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday at Pep boys i was browsing and saw a product that is decribed as a spring booster. Looked up on phone and found its use to be for trucks and mostly towing vehicles. Feeling a bit of sag in my 84 TD and older shocks, i gave this $9 product a try. Inserted between springs and test drove to fnd the car was transformed! Feel like Mcgyver here. Better turns with less loose feel in rear and at over 80mph the car feels much firmer and planted.

As there's always another angle to these types of tricks i'd like to ask this board for opinions and hopefully prior experience. Really lucked with sizing too as the only product on shelf snuggly fits our standard springs. Will not do fronts as i feel one could have bump/steer issues.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as you used a pair per spring, you're good.
If you mean i did both springs in one axle, yes. Drove today with my entire family (5) including wo teens and my wife and i really must say the car has transformed indeed. $20 bucks for the improvement. But will keep close watch incl checking the inserts say in place. Checked this evening and after 60 miles still good and snug.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
If the rear end of your TD is sagging it is most likely an issue with your SLS system.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the rear end of your TD is sagging it is most likely an issue with your SLS system.
Ive got a sedan, not wagon. Also checked the bushings underneath rear diff and other areas specified as problem zones by mercedessource.com. Nothing really off and really thought the car drove fine... Until i did this quick fix and realized a bit stiffer springs help the csr stability. Surely best way is to get new springs and bilstein HDs, but at least i now know how new springs will benefit me whenever i get a chance to do the upgrade which i will try to do myself. The website mentioned has video instructions for most jobs incl this one.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
300D = sedan

300TD = Wagon

Its good to stick to the proper names or things get confused around here :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts