Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2009 BMW Z4, 2005 SLK 200, 2004 S 280
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Bangkok S allows the rear passenger who sits behind the front passenger to control not only his own seat positions but also that of the front passenger. The aqua arrow points to the button that switches the control panels actions to the front seat. The red arrow point to the button that controls his own seat. Do all S models have this?

Attachments

·
Registered
07 E63 AMG Black on Black
446 Posts
Mine doesn't but I wish it did.

I'd call it the "Mother in Law button" When she starts in on paying too much for a foreign car, rough ride, too fast, slow down .... just push the button for her seat and crank it forward, full upright, right into the dash![:D]

Corkscrew, your cars have more gadgets .. you must hit the "select all" when ordering optons!

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
lear31a driver - 4/18/2006 12:02 PM

I'd call it the "Mother in Law button" When she starts in on paying too much for a foreign car, rough ride, too fast, slow down .... just push the button for her seat and crank it forward, full upright, right into the dash![:D]

Corkscrew, your cars have more gadgets .. you must hit the "select all" when ordering optons!

TOOOOO funny! :) Great Idea. Imagine if DM called it the mother in law button? ;)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lear31a driver - 4/19/2006 12:02 AM

Most S models in Thailand are sold to people who hire drivers to drive them. That's why they also come with fridges and remote COMAND controls.

Sometimes it is more fun to sit in the back and let my wife drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 S430
62 Posts
Hmmm. Wonder if that's available as an after-market here in the CONUS? Couple of big Danish beers in there after a long day of whatever...

Anyone know?

·
Registered
07 E63 AMG Black on Black
446 Posts
Corkscrew - 4/18/2006 9:45 PM

lear31a driver - 4/19/2006 12:02 AM

Most S models in Thailand are sold to people who hire drivers to drive them. That's why they also come with fridges and remote COMAND controls.

Sometimes it is more fun to sit in the back and let my wife drive.
If I sat in the back with my wife driving I would want a four point roll cage and three point harness, disconnect the horn and put a limiter on the throttle body for 1/8 open!
The fridge is novel .. the beers mandatory. Get that bottled water out of there! I only was in Thailland twice, during my military stint on R&R, how do you navigate around all of those bikes, Cushmans and Honda 250's? Must be like an arcade game![8D]

·
Registered
CLS 55 AMG, One Day !
321 Posts
That would be nice driven around while enjoying a drink in the back of an S

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
That options been around for a while. There is a thred in the 140 section now about it in a 600. The reason most cars dont end up with it is the massive amount of space there is in the LWB cars which are used to drive people.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NZ Benz - 4/21/2006 6:40 PM

That options been around for a while. There is a thred in the 140 section now about it in a 600. The reason most cars dont end up with it is the massive amount of space there is in the LWB cars which are used to drive people.
I went there. Thanks. What is a LWB car?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The long S's in Thailand come with a lot of leg room.

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
LWB= Long Wheel Base. I dont know about the 220 but the 140 was offered in Short and long versions, the long ones gives about 10cm extra room I think. For example just before they changed the badging in 94 my car is a SEL, meaning LWB, SWB would have been listed as SE, they dont bother with the SEL or SE any more all are badged as a S.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
The W220's here in the US were only offered in LWB. Until the S350 (SWB) came shortly before the W221 came.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
markcedes said:
uhh i think the s350 was long wheel base as well
Nope, short wheel base. ;)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Our 2004 280S here in Bangkok is a LWB.