Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 E320
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting MB owners,
I am looking for information on replacing the FLL and FLR control Arm bushing and BJ's. I have purchased both complete control arms fully assembled. Does anyone have any insight to share on how to make this as painless as possible should I do it myself? I put the car on a lift tonight to assess the task at hand. I noticed an additional bushing that is attached to an arm which shoots upwards from the middle of the control arm, the bushing at the top appears to be worn and I believe it would be wise to replace it now. I would like to make this a one stop repair for additioanl bushings if possible. I can see the need for a manual, any suggetsion on where to purchase one that will support my repairs. Is there a webpage that one can visit that provides the information. As you can see, I need a bit of guidance, however I do feel confident that I can pull the job off with some additional wisdom from the experts.

Semper Fi!
Steve

·
Registered
1999 S500 W220
156 Posts
Steve
Get yourself a copy of EPC/WIS on DVD on ebay ($25). Make sure it has no expiry. The EPC is great for sourcing car part # and how things go together the WIS will tell you everything you should need to know. If you like post your vin and I may be able to attach PDF instructions for you car. This job is usually straight forward provide you have the tools.

·
Registered
2003 E320
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pete!

Pete,
Thanks for the info. This past weekend I purchased a software packet from the local AutoZone in hopes that it would shed some light on the process. Needless to say the information fall short on proper installation processes. I will look to purchase the material you suggested. You PDF's would be appreciated if possible. VIN# WDBUF65J83A278288.

Not to take advantage of your generosity, but if you have info on valve cover gasket replacement that would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
1999 S500 W220
156 Posts
Having difficulty locating instructions for control arm replacement. I posted instructions today for the W220 which is similar to the W211 with airspring. Look at photos to see if it is similar. For the cover gaskets there is two instructions depending if you have air filter on side of engine or on top off engine. Let us know and I will post info. This task is straightforward proving you have patients and the write tools.

·
Registered
2003 E320
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pete,
Would you have any info to share on valve cover gasket replacement procedures. I called on a shop and they stated 4 hrs labor! It seems like something easy enough to do myself. Anything in particular I need to be cautious of should I do it myself? Gaskets are fairly inexpensive, what type of adheasive if any should I use?

Many thanks either way!
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts