Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 Sport
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Currently have this grill on the car. Thinking about painting black, but should i also paint the lower grill fitments black or should i just take them out?

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 Sport
450 Posts
My 320 came with the silver painted OEM grill and silver lower grill inserts like you have. When I installed my 4 lamel grill I decided to paint the lower grill black and thought it looked a bit better after it was done. You are most likely not going to want to just remove the lower mesh as they cover certain clip frames and parts and would look awkward completely removed. The only downside to painting the inserts is that even with multiple coats of heavy duty auto paint, they seem to chip more noticeably from road debris etc.

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
I just put a silver 3 lamel grill on my Sapphire Blue 320, but now I'm thinking black would have been better. I wanted the new C-class look though.

Those factory AMGs look nice, are you going to keep that look? I also have stock 17s but not the AMGs (mine are C-class/CLK wheels put on by the dealer)? The clear bumper lights looks great on your silver 320.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 Sport
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone have any pictures of 99-01 slk sport models with the black grills that they can post please????

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
620 Posts
Contemplating Grille

I don't have a whole lot of mods. But of the few that I do have, the addition of the CLK grille was, by far, the most impressive, most distinctive one that I've done.

Now, when I see SLKs with the factory grille, they look sooooo plain, to me. Admittedly, the look may be a little too extreme for some, but I absolutely love it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts