Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190e 2.3
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 88 190e 2.3, I'm having problems with heat comming out of the side vents when the A/Cs on. I've tried closing the two but heat still comes through the defrost vent. I've replaced the heater control valve;still no difference. Can someone help out with a diagram to help me find the leak?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
24 Posts
hello BCM, in my experience you must check the vacuum line that comands the heater valve ,also you must know that when you stop the engine the heater valve will open because there's no vacuum ,so im think that is some obstructed line or any comanding valve (solenoid or so) that dont allowed to close the heater valve

Good luck Andrew

·
Registered
21 Posts
Constant Heat

BCM,
I have the same heat coming out of all vents except the center console vents, have you made progress in isolating where the problem is?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
24 Posts
hi loroco : the fresh air from the center vents are absolutelly normal ,they are disign like an emergency system to allowed fresh air in case of necesity

hope this help

good luck Andrew

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am aware the center vents blow in the outside air. I have the same problem as BCM and wanted to know if BCM resolved his problem.

·
Registered
190e 2.3
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No Have Not Resolved Mine Yet, What I Did Do Is Replace The Heater (did Work,but Its Knew)valve. I Wll Take The Cluster Out This Weekend. What I Did Was Close Those Vents Using The(push The Botton For The Floor) Climat Control. That Seem To Close All The Vents Even The Floor. I Think My Climate Control Is Gone Haywire. I Dont Know......all Opinons Welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts