Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1980 300SD
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the heating control buttons and the power window buttons illuminate when the park lights are on? Mine are all dark, but my instrument panel is lit. I also have the yellow light bulb lit up under the tach.

Thanks

·
Registered
2013 E350 sedan, 2013 E350 cab, 1993 400E sold,1999 ML320
2,437 Posts
Yes there are 2 bulbs that can be replaced in the heating controls. Undo the screws from the wood face plate pull it off gently, pull the 2 pieces of tape off the front use tweezers to pull the 2 bulbs out and go to radioshack to get new bulbs. Dont go to MB or the parts stores they will give you bulbs that are too big around to go back in. As for your window switches they should have internal bulbs so that may be a wire or grounding issue. Does your shift indicator light up? It should come off the same power I believe. Are you other dash lights ok?

·
Registered
1987 300E, 1955 Plymouth Belvedere, 2005 Silverado 4x4
963 Posts
The yellow light under the tach? is that the light for the outside temp readout.

·
Registered
1980 300SD
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the yellow warning lamp that looks like a lightbulb. I think maybe I mut have the wrong type of bulb installed somewhere on the outside of the car. I do have Euro headlights...

None of my console lights work including the shifter lights. I'll open it up and see what's wrong. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2013 E350 sedan, 2013 E350 cab, 1993 400E sold,1999 ML320
2,437 Posts
Oh heck check your fuses and if you see that bulb there may be a optic line that goes to the other point but I suggest spinning your fuses first and the ground behind the cluster.

·
Registered
1987 300E, 1955 Plymouth Belvedere, 2005 Silverado 4x4
963 Posts
Oh that yellow light!! Mine used to come on occasionally, usually after I had opened the trunk, I cleaned the bases on the license plate bulbs and have not had the problem since. I put Bosch OEM euro headlights on my car and they do not cause the warning light to come on, however I have not wired in the city lights yet. It's possible when the city lights are added, it can trigger the warning light. I'll find out the hard way eventually, I plan on wiring in the city lights when I install the vacuum light leveler kit I bought(10 months ago).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts