Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been lurking on this site, this is my first post. This car is down the street from me and I went and drove it. I am considering it as a 4th vehicle that I can use to car the kids around and for trips back and forth to AZ. Car has had basically 2 owners, 63k miles, interior/exterior very clean and drove nicely. Dealer selling the car has done all maintenance for past 5 or 6 years.

Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 For Sale | Dana Point CA .

Price seems high despite lowish miles. Thoughts on car and reasonable price?

TIA.

-Todd

·
Registered
1988 560sec 195,000 miles 2006 CLK500 40,000 miles 1992 E300 202,000 miles 1998 s320 125,000 m
14 Posts
The key to happiness with these cars is overall condition. Are maintenance records available? Key issues on this car are the wiring harness, AC evaporator core, door closure pump, side mirror wiring and engine head gasket. My '98 at 122K miles had both new wiring harness and head gasket when I bought it. I love the car but really think that it's more important that it was driven regularly and maintained than the low miles. They are wonderful cars but not cheap to maintain. It has cost me about $1500 to sort out the various small issues on my car in the first 8,000 miles but honestly most of it is stuff that should have been fixed over the years. Now I own a well sorted out s320 that is quickly becoming my favorite car to drive.

2009 E350 W211 Arctic White (dads car)
105 Posts
So I've been lurking on this site, this is my first post. This car is down the street from me and I went and drove it. I am considering it as a 4th vehicle that I can use to car the kids around and for trips back and forth to AZ. Car has had basically 2 owners, 63k miles, interior/exterior very clean and drove nicely. Dealer selling the car has done all maintenance for past 5 or 6 years.

Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S320 For Sale | Dana Point CA .

Price seems high despite lowish miles. Thoughts on car and reasonable price?

TIA.

-Todd
The price does seem kinda high, you could buy a semi decent W220 for that

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

1 - 3 of 3 Posts