Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Considering the C Coupe, any owners had any major/minor problems with their car?

1K views 10 replies 1 participant last post by  Guest (MBNZ) 
#1 ·
I'm strongly considering the C 230 Coupe, but would like to wait for the 2003 model with clear lens. Just wondering if anyone had any problem with the 2002 model? Any options that are 'must haves'? Mind telling me how mcuh you paid for it and how long it took for it to arrive?

#2 ·
Just got one, and I'm hooked!

Ive only had mine for a month, so I'm still on the honeymoon, but I can say that it's all that I hoped for. Got the glass roof, 17in wheels, and CD changer - If I had to have a cell-phone, might have gone for that, as I like the way they've integrated the phone into the display, wheel and radio panel.

#5 ·
Yep!<br> 1.8 in all models: 180 Komp, 200 Komp, 230 Komp.<br> (143, 165 and 192 Hp.<br> New Bi-Xenon headlights as well, clear glass)<br> <br> Go for the Coupe! Mine is a 200, black metallic, leather, sunroof, auto, webasto, sport and so on.<br> Sunroof has some noises, but should be fixed by warranty easily (no big deal). Car has otherwise no problems. Killer to drive, and what attention it gets!!!!!!!!<br> Glenn

#8 ·
Yes, that's correct.<br> I guess you're right about the engines, and 230 is perhaps the only engine offered for the US. But it should be replaced by a 1.8 as well. Lower fuel consumption and emissions are the main targets with this engine. Effect is more or less like before.<br> Bi-Xenon headlights are now offered in Europe on all C-models.

#11 ·
I just our C-240 1 month ago. After driving with the family to San Diego for a weekned, the car started to have a ratttling noise underneath. I brought it's dealer and they found out that the Torsion bar was loose. it took them a couple of hours to tighten all bolts (my instructions) and they seem to do a O.K. job. now it is back... silent again<br> <br> my .02cents worth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.