Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Been itching to buy a brand new SLK but struggling getting it past the finance VP (my wife) I think someone suggested. Anyway, have considered doing a few interior mods on my current SLK as a lower cost alternative to new.

Got excited about this post on the Special Ed. Silver dash kit. Has anyone seen pictures of this in the Oyster interior? Has anyone seen any dash kits that work well with the Oyster interior? Would love to see pictures or hear opinions.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1201979

I've also considered getting a dark wood maybe something like the picture I'll paste below.

Also, I have heard a rumor that my folks are buying me an iPod for my Birthday/Christmas this year. What are folks doing for iPods and retrofiting to stock radio? I love the look of my stock radio but have always missed CD player, etc.... I've not found much on this topic at all other than FM rebroadcasters which I don't want.

Thanks!
Douglas

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
143 Posts
Anyone every thought of covering the dash kit in the same color leather as the rest of the dash?

The original concept car shown in Car and Driver in 97(?) had an all leather dash.

Just curious...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts