Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all who helped me out with the paint question. It turns out the paint code is 352, which corresponds to Bahama Blue--too bad, I really love my Sapphire Blue. However, I still might be willing to make the switch; I like the idea of the extra power.

Unfortunately the car is in Dublin, OH and I am in Houston, TX. Does anyone have any recommendations for steps I might not have thought of for checking this car out? I am running a carfax report, of course, and having the seller take the car to a dealership for a buyer inspection. The 32 is a 2003 with almost 17k miles on it and the seller claims that it is accident-free.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
Get on a plane and check it out in person. So many people are getting screwed these days by sending checks to HOLD the car and when they get there its gone, and the address you got is a Mc Donalds. That's my advice.

Don't be pressured into sending money prior to you seeing the car. Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it.

John

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
guido23 - 3/23/2005 9:00 AM

The 32 is a 2003 with almost 17k miles on it and the seller claims that it is accident-free.
It Must have factory warranty, so just worry about paint chips and exterior appearance.

·
Registered
1999 SLK230/ 2006 Passat/ 1995 Bronco (Prerunner)
413 Posts
A friend bought his supra in Chicago from here in So. Cali. He had the dealer look at it, talked with the dealer about the results and went through an escrow service. He was VERY happy when the car arrived having only seen it it pics online.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
I purchased my car sight unseen from a dealer in Florida. I ran a car fax, had the dealer provide a repair history, got everything concerning the condition of the car in writing and had them send me bunch of picutres. I am very happy with my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts