Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on this board. I normally frequent a similar Volvo site (Brickboard).

My brother recently called me to say that a friend of his is considering selling his 1984 380SL. Apparently, the car has been sitting for about 5 months. At that time, the present owner went out to start the car one day, could not get it to start, and has not touched it since. The car is at an independent Mercedes garage now in an attempt to diagnose the problem. As I understand, the diagnosis is focusing on fuel injection. I do not live close enough to get a first hand look at the car. However, I understand that it is in good original condition.

The car has a new convertible top, and new tires. Other than that, I know nothing about the car or its service history.

I have several questions. I am sure that some of these questions are frequently asked here, but I search the FAQ section and visited the Bentley site, but did not find what I was loking for. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

First (and most urgent) are there specific problems with the fuel infection system?

Assuming the car has been reasonable well maintained up until now, how expensive is the 380 from a maintenace perspective? What are the big ticket items and/or weak points?

I don't do very much work on my Volvos, but I like to have a manual to refer to for projects that I decide to undertake. Who publishes a reasonably comprehensive manual?

Neil Evans
1997 Volvo 850 awd
1989 Volvo 740 GL

1 - 1 of 1 Posts