Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 420 SEL, 2001 E55
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of selling my W126 and buying an '00 to '02 E55. Am looking at a 2001 with around 60k miles that advertises a "Kleeman ECU Upgrade". I'm a little worried about buying something with this mod, mainly because I know very little about it.

I did a little research on the forum, and I get that it's a mod to the computer to get better performance, but I worry that this means potential problems for me down the road, or that the owner pounded the car harder than most.

Am I just being paranoid? Should I be concerned about anything in particular? Does anyone have an opinion or suggestions on this?

Thanks!

Also, it may be the tired subject of many former threads, but if you have any other tips for me on what to be aware of while I shop, I'd appreciate any knowledge you can pass on.

·
Registered
414 Posts
just make sure he has proof of the upgrade. It's very easy to lie about that one. Otherwise I wouldn't be worried about reliability or anything like that. Just make sure you run the highest octane possible ALL the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts