Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 E350
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a 2006 E350 with 31K miles for $22,000. It seems like a good deal to me, but I've heard some stories about how some of these cars didn't come with navigation, satellite radio or Bluetooth even though there are buttons for them on the COMAND unit. Is that true?

Also, are there any horror stories or things I should look out for on a 2006 W211?

·
Registered
2006 E350 4 door W211, 2004 Acura RSX
108 Posts
I have a 2006 E350 and have only 60,000 miles since it is a weekend car. had it since new and the only problems I have had mechanical wise is door locks out of sync, aux battery died at 59,000, and recalls. All items were covered under warranty and even if they were not, it would be minimum to fix.
As for the nav, mine came with no navigation and buttons are still on the command menu - Bluetooth, nav, phone, etc... Mercedes are not known for their Nav units. My other car has a JVC KW-NT700 Bluetooth Enabled 2-DIN In-Dash Navigation Receiver with 7" WVGA Touchscreen. I grounded out the nav to the parking brake so you can plug in addresses when you are driving and play DVD in motion. Plus the NAV is 3d and has everything you want and more. Since the 06 E350 is fiber optic, you are limited in doing anything modified for in dash aftermarket, or so I have read.
But for the most part my 06 E350 has always impressed me and I love it and will never get rid of it. My warranty ends in 4 years or 100,000 miles and I will still keep it. Just remember to have everything serviced at a good indy except warranty and recall items.

·
Registered
2007 E350 Sedan
376 Posts
I have found a 2006 E350 with 31K miles for $22,000. It seems like a good deal to me, but I've heard some stories about how some of these cars didn't come with navigation, satellite radio or Bluetooth even though there are buttons for them on the COMAND unit. Is that true?

Also, are there any horror stories or things I should look out for on a 2006 W211?
Buttons on the COMAND unit don't mean that the particular module is installed.

The 2006 is subject to the risk of the dreaded balance shaft repair, which generally arises, if it is going to, by about 50K miles (my 2007 E350 fell victim to it at about 70K miles).

All that said, my wife has a 2006 E350 and has been happy with it. Her COMAND has all the buttons, but no satellite, nav, or bluetooth. So try it before you buy it. Be sure to look at the service history, and get a pre-purchase inspection.

·
Registered
2004 E320 Wagon, leather; 2007 E350, sport package, avant-garde appearance group
64 Posts
Is your JVC installed in another Mercedes?

·
Registered
317 Posts
You'd obviously need to check if the car has those functions. \

If not you could always retrofit (very costly) or if these features matter to you then wait for one with them installed.

·
Registered
2012 E350 4Matic Wagon P2 Lane Tracking Driver Assit. Heated/Ventilated/Multicontour*/Leather seats
262 Posts
You can get the equipment info from your data card.

·
Registered
2006 E350 4 door W211, 2004 Acura RSX
108 Posts
My other car that has the JVC in dash nav is an Acura

Any used Mercedes I would buy would have a pre inspection with records and the price for the one you are looking at sounds good. Does it have a warranty that transfers over from the other seller? If it does, you are really getting a steal

·
Registered
2014 C350 coupe (RWD), miles: 1k & 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD, (lease), miles: 10k & 2000 Ford Crown Vic
131 Posts

This might not answer your question 100% but my insight:

Aerosly, I would not buy a 2006 for over 17k-19k. Price the car on Edmunds.com, I priced mine when I bought mine (from my father) and gave him exactly what Edmunds.com quoted. My point is this, 22k is too much I think, the car at this point is almost 7 years old plus you have to understand a 2006 was built in late 2005 in most cases but my point is an older car with the potential to have sensor related issues (at that age).

My dad did all the maintenance, did everything but there is still a lot of work that I need to do to make the car 100%:
• Cam plugs (done)
• SBC brake unit/very bad brake feel
• New tires, balancing, alignment
• In-cabin air filter replace (done)
• The sunroof sometimes sticks, need a reset I think
• AFS (motors) in the HID lights (I think) stopped working, error on dash

If you can afford look at a 2009 E350, I think is a better choice but those cars with low miles (25k-35k) are about 30k. The best news about the 2009 is the hydraulic brakes are back, no more SBC which btw has a warranty until 2015 (or around there).

Don’t get me wrong, great car, looks great but at 22k not worth the money. Good luck and post what you do!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts