Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 C280
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys

I'm visiting from the w202 forum. A friend of mine is considering a 2002 E320 w/45k miles. They are asking $26k for it.
He hasn't seen it yet, but as an acft mechanic, he wants to do his own PPI. What kind of maintenance items should he look for? Any particular areas of concern? How reliable have your e320's been? What is your real-world gas mileage city/hwy?

Anything else you may want to share would be appreciated!

TIA,

Serge

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
THe E320 is a reliable car. He might be comming up on a brake job unless they have been done. The usual stuff like air filter, fuel filter and inner cabin filter might need to be changed along with an oil change. Might flush and refill the radiator but the major stuff is 15K miles or more away.

The common W210 problems are the rear window regulators break at any time. Check for dash cracks. Not much else to do for now.

Should be getting 21 MPG depending on how they drive.

·
Registered
2005 E320 4matic S/W
66 Posts
The car should have 5,000 miles left on the warranty, so oil change, light bulbs, filters, etc. are still covered free of charge. Brake pads & rotors are not.

I have an '02 E320 4matic wagon...used to buy a new Volvo every 2-3 yrs and the Benz rocks! It is a great model year. The "problems" I had were seat heater, front noise (control arm), rear axles seals, stereo amplifier, high beams switch..all covered under warranty. Replaced long lug bolts with new short ones.

Have upgraded a few things on my own, but the car is overall well designed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts