Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 420SEL
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only about 79K miles. Slightly below Blue Book, from a private party. Looks amazingly good, but wondering if there any specific issues to be on the lookout for.

I already have two W126's (1987 and 1991) so the Benz bug did get me big time and I know that I should ask for history, records, etc.

I have believed this generation of the E-Class was possibly one of the best all around cars ever. How's the fuel economy with the 6 cylinder engine?

Thanks for any and all replies.
Jose Byron

·
Registered
1997 E320
16 Posts
I know when I reseached my 97 E320. Two things were mentioned: A/C compressor and the head gasket. Mine did need a new head gasket, but I played that into the price. If your looking for high MPG, this is not it. I get about 20-24 mpg. I would still recommend the 320. Hope that helps.

Bio

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just my personal experience but the W126 was a more dependable car than the W210. It just had less mechanical and electrical issues, was smoother in acceleration, and rode softer (owned two). I bought my car from someone I new and it has been good but has had several issues which rest mostly in the electrical area. Still it is a sexy looking car and gets a lot of attention so I guess I have to pay for it. Thank goodness my other car doesn't give me any issue or I would loose it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts