Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I guess some people are not interested in other's problems and only care about their own. Me on the other hand will try to help any members out there as you can see. If anyone has access to this connector it would be much appreciated if they could take a picture, since the dealer will not help at all.
Frankly, you're asking a LOT to expect someone to drop their bumper to take a picture for you, and complain when they don't get right to it.

I understand your frustration. I can see that you have given your time to help other members. But frankly, since you are asking about a CL in the W221 forum, I think you have had a lot of help as well. Yes, there are many similarities between the cars - but let's not slam the members for not jumping right to it. Many of us have day jobs (some, very long day jobs), and dropping the bumper to answer right away just won't stand all that high in our priorities.

I do hope you get the photos you need.
I never asked him to drop his bumper and take a picture just for me. He already said he will be opening his front bumper and another member already told him he will have to disconnect the radar sensors from the front bumper. Since he was already going to do all that, I asked for a favor if possible. I asked very politely and nobody has to do anything for me. He could take weeks, even months I never set a time limit. Never at any point did I say I have a problem with him not taking a picture or helping me. I wasn't trying to hijack the thread I just wanted to post once to ask for the picture. Other members started replying and it became longer than I thought. Now we are all here to help each other, and I will help anyone with their problems even him. I will go the extra mile to help any members and you will see that in the future. Again I never expected anything from anyone, all I did was ask and if nobody wants to or can help then that's ok. The CL W216 thread is completely dead I won't bother there. I am actually a very old member but lost my login info since I went out of the country for a few years and came back. In the old days the late Eric helped me so much. He will be greatly missed.

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The only reason I said that is because he starts mentioning that I want to speed and do 160 miles an hour and " piss off " cops without getting caught. Which don't even make sense. There was no need to say any of this non sense which shows he clearly didn't read all I wrote and thought I just wanted to fix this K40 radar laser detector to avoid cops' speed guns. When all I want is to fix my DISTRONIC PLUS , an option he clearly don't have or even know anything about. Even if he wanted to he could of never helped because he don't have the 4 Radar sensors. He could of just said that instead of accusing me of being some idiot who likes to race Fast and the Furious style and go 160 miles per hour. There is a lot of idiots out there who speed all the time and race others. Many times they crash their cars and kill others. I have been driving longer than most people have been alive and I never once got into an accident or injured anyone. I have avoided at least 100 major accidents from other drivers almost hitting me. I consider myself to be one of the best drivers in the world. I drove in every single country in Europe and all major cities there. When I drive from Switzerland to Amsterdam and go through the west side of Germany by Frankfurt and Dusseldorf, the hwys have no limits there. I will drive very fast then and pass every cop I see with no problems. Otherwise I wouldn't do anything stupid like that on a Canada or US hwy when there is many innocent inexperienced drivers out there. Maybe this member saw V12 biturbo 600 Benz and automatically assumed I drive fast all the time. That's a terrible assumption.

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Skylaw you have helped me out many times before and I thank you for that. No need to do any physical work my friend, your brain can help us all more than anything else. Eric was just so knowledgeable and friendly and always eager to help so quick, may his soul rest in peace.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,894 Posts
I understand where you are coming from, and I commented on his speculation as to why you wanted to make the repairs. It was unnecessary (and it was wrong).

I do still hope you get the photos or info you need.

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
No I still didn't get any info on the wiring :(

Can someone please help me

21 - 27 of 27 Posts