Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Hello,

You will want to disconnect the battery for sure, you don't want to risk it with this much voltage.

I also removed my front bumper, if you need help with it let me know.

I have a missing radar sensors connector on my car. The one that connects to the radar sensors in the front bumper. I called the dealer but they want me to buy the entire main wire harness.☹

When you remove your front bumper, could you please look at that small connector which you are going to disconnect from the front radar sensors in the front bumper on the passenger side as discussed previously.

Could you please take a picture of it and get the part number on it ? I would really appreciate it. Here are pictures of the 4 wires on my car that are now cut off which should be connected to this connector I need and also the other side of it, the female connector on the front bumper it attaches to, on the passenger side.

Thank you so much in advance.

20190320_153944_1556326551587.jpg 20190320_154000_1556326598133.jpg 20190320_153739_1556326654595.jpg 20190320_153650_1556326681646.jpg 20190320_153646_1556326744215.jpg

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you see the female connector with the blue on top ? I need the male connector that plugs into that. Screenshot_20190427-125243_1556394945650.png

My car used to have the K40 laser radar detector for police speed traps. Someone removed it before I bought the car and it was connected to those 4 wires and into the female connector here. If someone knows where I can get this K40 module that woud work too.

·
Outstanding Contributor W221 Moderator
2010 E350 P1/P2, 2008 S550 Designo, 2002 ML320
1,822 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks like the connector I need.

But I don't have Parktronic, I have Park Assist which uses the 4 Radar Sensors in the front bumper. I have Distronic Plus, that's why. So I am not sure if it is the same connector as Parktronic or if it is different.

Do you see anything about the connector for Distronic Plus , Radar Sensors ?

I have a 2008 W216 CL600

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is my female connector. I need the male connector that plugs into here. I think the part number you gave me is what I need. I will order it from the dealer since it don't cost much. If anyone opens their front bumper and takes a look at the part number of this connector in case this is not it I would appreciate it. Thanks

Screenshot_20190427-223301_1556429664460.png

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really think this is the part I need now when looking at it. Thanks a lot dlafever

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I get the connector, I won't know which wires to connect into it. There is 4 wires with different colors as seen in the pictures. If someone opens their front bumper and takes a picture of the back of the connector where the 4 wires connect to I will then be able to see what I need to do. If I can find a used connector then it would be good. The BMW one you found has different colors wires so that won't help me. When I order this from the dealer, do you know if it will come with wires ?

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I looked at the EPC and it only shows parts for Parktronic. There is nothing on Park Assist / Distronic Plus. The dealer had the same problem, they kept telling me I have Parktronic and tried to explain that I have Park Assist / Distronic Plus and they were going by my VIN number. It seems Mercedes keeps this info secret and don't want people to fix this system themselves. This really looks like the part I need but I can't be sure anymore. If someone could look at this connector and get a part number I would really appreciate it and this would help anyone in the future with the same problem as it is impossible to find any info anywhere.

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,231 Posts
Just to confirm 2105404381 is correct (thanks dlafever) dealer should be able to confirm wiring sequence via STAR wiring if not or if no members respond search google for part # images you may find corresponding wiring on used part shown. In addition to housing dealer should advise if pins are needed 0085456326.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to confirm 21054043810 is correct (thanks dlafever) dealer should be able to confirm wiring sequence via STAR wiring if not or if no members respond search google for part # images you may find corresponding wiring on used part shown. In addition to housing dealer should advise if pins are needed 0085456326.
You mean 2105404381 ? No extra 0 zero there.

The dealer told me I have to buy the entire main wire harness and they tried to contact Germany for weeks to find this connector and Germany couldn't find anything they said. Then they said bring it in to our service department and " maybe " they will be able to access their " secret " wire diagrams that only " they " have. What a bunch of vultures. As soon as they see W216 CL600 they get very excited and expect me to spend a lot of money. This car is very rare around here. They don't make 600 coupes anymore after the W216 so this is their last chance to cash in they think. Thank God for this forum.

I am guessing I will need 4 pins along with the housing. I can't expect them to help with the wire diagrams. I can't wait to see their reaction when I tell them I found their " secret " part number. LOL

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is their exact response after weeks of waiting for Germany to do " research ". Ya right

" Good day, unfortunately the results are not conclusive. We will be needing a diagram that only our service technicians have full access to. We would have to bring the vehicle in to narrow down with the connector. "

Ya.... bring the vehicle in so they can charge me so much to open the front bumper then keep it for days saying " we are trying to figure it out " , then end up saying we need to order the entire main wire harness at $500 then open up your entire car for another week to install this main wire harness. Wow I feel bad for anyone that takes their car in to the dealer and is ripped off so bad.

How do these vultures sleep at night ? Very well I'm guessing thinking of all the money they made tricking someone.

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anywhere I go everyone is trying to rip me off so bad, it seems it's expected that someone with a 600 Benz is a millionaire and won't care how much things cost. They don't realize how old this car is it seems. I have fixed so many things on this car so far at the lowest possible cost usually doing the work myself. I don't think there is any better feeling in the world than this. I have to thank this forum and the elite members so much, without you guys I don't know what I would do.

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think once they realized this part don't cost much and they won't make any money on it, and that will fix so many problems for me, they had to think of a way to make 1000s off me. I think they hate people like us. 😂

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found many pictures of the part but all with different color wires. This part has many applications it seems. I have no hope the dealer will help me with that. My only hope is for a member to open their front bumper and taking a picture of the back of the connector.

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess some people are not interested in other's problems and only care about their own. Me on the other hand will try to help any members out there as you can see. If anyone has access to this connector it would be much appreciated if they could take a picture, since the dealer will not help at all.

·
Registered
2008 CL 600
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to confirm 2105404381 is correct (thanks dlafever) dealer should be able to confirm wiring sequence via STAR wiring if not or if no members respond search google for part # images you may find corresponding wiring on used part shown. In addition to housing dealer should advise if pins are needed 0085456326.
I ordered part # 2105404381 the housing connector , cost only $5 USD

It don't come with the pins so I ordered 4 of them at $3 USD each

Dirt cheap to fix all my problems, dealer couldn't help with the wire diagram as I thought. Now I'm hoping a Hero will come along who is lucky enough to have DISTRONIC PLUS on their Benz and send me a picture of the wire colors going to this connector so I can complete the repair ☺

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,890 Posts
I guess some people are not interested in other's problems and only care about their own. Me on the other hand will try to help any members out there as you can see. If anyone has access to this connector it would be much appreciated if they could take a picture, since the dealer will not help at all.
Frankly, you're asking a LOT to expect someone to drop their bumper to take a picture for you, and complain when they don't get right to it.

I understand your frustration. I can see that you have given your time to help other members. But frankly, since you are asking about a CL in the W221 forum, I think you have had a lot of help as well. Yes, there are many similarities between the cars - but let's not slam the members for not jumping right to it. Many of us have day jobs (some, very long day jobs), and dropping the bumper to answer right away just won't stand all that high in our priorities.

I do hope you get the photos you need. If I could get them without dropping my bumper, I'd have done it. But at age 75 and with a bad back, sorry. My bumper dropping days are past.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts