Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
02 C32
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 02 C32 with the built in armrest cradle. After reading the options and seeking a 'puck with tail', I have had minimal joy getting the parts I need here in SA - South Africa. I can get a puck but no sign of the cable.
I went to the 2nd hand parts dealer to see if I could find anything that would help. The closest I came was the puck holder ( A 2038201311) with the UHI port and a 10 pin connector in the other side/ Since it was cheap i bought it thinking that I could possibly make a plan to connect this directly to the RJ connector's wires.... a puck I can get.
But its not that simple. The wires are not a straight colour match - that would have been too obvious. I have made a note of the colours and positions, there are 10 each side as follows.
Pin - UHI - RJ (not labelled)
1 - Black - Black
2 - Light Blue - Yellow
3 - Brown - Orange
4 - Grey - Green
5 - Blue - White
6 - Red - Blue
7 - Green - Red/White
8 - Light Green - Red
9 - Yellow - Brown
10 - White - Grey

The question - does anyone have a wiring diagram of either the RJ or the UHI side or both? This join is exactly what the 'cradle eliminator cable' does... as far as I can gather.

Helpful would be pin labels for either / both or even colour codes for the wires. Luckily I have not cut the RJ side so I am still on the hunt for a cable...

Attachments

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Are you referring to this device:
v60 Replacer Info

My understanding is that this only works with US cars (with Tele-Aid) but only for some models and MY cars, a C-class MY 2002 would not be one.

You cannot connect the UHI-connector to your current phone control unit, you need a new control unit and fix the wiring or install a new harness.

A lot of info here:
http://www.mercupgrades.com/

·
Registered
02 C32
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thats the device. Dont be distracted by the year model, we get a different spec down this way.

·
Registered
02 C32
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have reassembled the cradle and got hold of a viseeo mbu-1000 locally. much better solution.

·
Registered
w211 e320 '04 Euro
40 Posts
Hi there,

It's old thread but I need info too.
I have Fixed Cell phone in my car but want to upgrade to Bluetooth cradle.
Anyway any info about wiring will be great!

·
Registered
w211 e320 '04 Euro
40 Posts
OK. Here it is my phone config:

Pin - RJ
1 - red (ground)
2 - white
3 - yellow
4 - green
5 - blue
6 - brown
7 - black (source)
8 - n/a
9 - n/a
10 - n/a

IMAG0222.jpg

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Hi there,

It's old thread but I need info too.
I have Fixed Cell phone in my car but want to upgrade to Bluetooth cradle.
Anyway any info about wiring will be great!
So what are you after? To install the UHI contact plate and connect it to your existing wiring? Have you figured out if the control unit works, I very much doubt it. Or are you just trying to reuse the wiring with a new control unit?

Is it the MY 2004 Euro W211?

·
Registered
w211 e320 '04 Euro
40 Posts
Hi,

After reading schematics in MB Phone Manual v4.6.pdf
You are right.
CP-211 uses RS232 but UHI uses RS485 interface
Will try to find cheap B67875855

Regards!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts