Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Actually: S202/R129/C126/ 2W124/S124/ C124/A124/C123/ 2W201/W115/W108
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to you guys! Sincerely, I Register myself in Benzworl for the SL forum, and I don't come here regulary, but you only take half an hour to reply my question, and in the SL forum takes 3 or 4 days if anybody reply! So CONGRATULATIONS, I promise to visit this forum everynight, and if I can help you I'll do it!

Then, my question Is: My '84 280 CE it's the most new Merc that I have, cause it's only 33500 Miles and it's in Showroom condition, but I think that there is only one thing to complete it: The electric Windows, it's possible (and not very very expensive) to install this function in the 4 windows? Thank you another time, YOU ARE THE BEST FORUM!

·
Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
153 Posts
On behalf of the members of the forum - Thank you. I think I speak for all of us when I sa...

On behalf of the members of the forum - Thank you. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we here at the benzworld forum like to help our fellow MB owners out any way we can!

About your question: Does the car already have electric windows and you want to repair them?

Or do you want to put electric windows in place of the manual windows there now?

Thanks again for your great comments!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual

The car has manual windows and I want to replace by electric ones. Thanks

·
Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
153 Posts
It is possible, but it would take a lot of time and money. You would need to get new door ...

It is possible, but it would take a lot of time and money. You would need to get new door panels, window motors and regulators, and all the other electronics in the door panels, switches and most importantly you would have to wire the whole thing up. I don't think that it is worth it to do. It would be expensive. But if you really want them, it is definately possible.

·
Always Remembered RIP
520 Posts
You can retro-fit the electric motors to the windows. It's quite an easy job, took me l...

You can retro-fit the electric motors to the windows. It's quite an easy job, took me less than a day to do an old 200 a few years back. The kits usually come with little blanking gromets to cover the hole where the winder went. The kit I used was I think CEDA and it cost around £60UKP for two windows but that was about 10 years back. The kit was no harder than installing a stereo and came with all the switches and wiring etc.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
29 Posts
Re: You can retro-fit the electric motors to the windows. It's quite an easy job, took me l

You can retro-fit the electric motors to the windows. It's quite an easy job, took me less than a day to do an old 200 a few years back. The kits usually come with little blanking gromets to cover the hole where the winder went. The kit I used was I think CEDA and it cost around £60UKP for two windows but that was about 10 years back. The kit was no harder than installing a stereo and came with all the switches and wiring etc.
Where would u find that kit now days, and what's that cost in us dollars? i have a 240d with manual windows and i want that kit for that car.

·
Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
153 Posts
Wow - I never heard of that. You guys get some cool stuff in europe! I suppose someone sel...

Wow - I never heard of that. You guys get some cool stuff in europe! I suppose someone sells something like that here, but I am sure it's not nearly as nice and it sure isn't as easy to find!

·
Always Remembered RIP
520 Posts
Yes the brand is CEDA but the kit now costs £85 (Just looked in my Eurocarparts catalogu...

Yes the brand is CEDA but the kit now costs £85 (Just looked in my Eurocarparts catalogue). If I remember rightly the even the switches were a very similar style to the Mercedes type.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you but where?

Thank you Hechflosse, but I'm trying to find this brand CEDA on Internet and I can't. I've looked on europarts.com, but I can't find it, do you have any clue?

·
Always Remembered RIP
520 Posts
Re: Thank you but where?

Thank you Hechflosse, but I'm trying to find this brand CEDA on Internet and I can't. I've looked on europarts.com, but I can't find it, do you have any clue?
The kit is listed in the catalogue i've got (2002). It's £85+vat. The kit I bought from them was almost 10 years ago so the MB style switches etc may have changed? I know they post overseas so it may be worth e-mailing them for details.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/customer_service.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.