Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone recognize this set up for the ful pump/filter package. It does not seem to match the parts listed in EPC for my 1979 450SL. The 3-way hard pipe is probably fine with new washer seals, but ideally I'd like to install all new rubber so am very curious if anyone can help me identify the "T" connection parts and their crimped on rubber lines (traced in white). Thanks for any/all leads.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For what it's worth, my local dealer had an extra page that didn't show up in my eBay EPC, and it shows a part that appears to be that T-shaped hose fitting. Should get it in a few days, and will confirm. It makes me wonder what else is missing from my EPC, or if there are better versions available....?

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,472 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wow, I missed all this -- thanks for all the info! Jyuma -- that is indeed the correct part! Nice find -- I order most things from Pelican but couldn't find it without the part number. I'm embarrassed to say my EPC does show the part (A123 470 22 75) but I am still learning to navigate it and didn't realize there were minuscule little page numbers in the upper right corner. I thought you just navigated via the part descriptions (e.g., fuel pump package). My local dealer found it for me and it should be in Monday or Tuesday. Spending the down time cleaning it all up and making it look better than new. Will post up when done. :)

Bonus question: I have a 46mm socket -- anyone know if there's a torque spec for the tank strainer?

And yes, I'm way past that Ident No. Mine is 0579xx....

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,472 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I won't use Pelican Parts for OE Mercedes. They charge more than the dealer. MSRP on that hose is $45.00. $33.75 here https://www.oediscountparts.com/parts/index.cfm?make=Mercedes-Benz&year=&searchText=123+470+22+75&action=oePartSearch&siteid=215242 Add a few small parts to get it over $50.00 and shipping is free.

I don't know the torque.
I'll try oemdiscountpart.com Pelican drops ships from 20 miles away from my house, so most stuff arrives next day. I have to admit, I just get lazy and it's easier to just plug the part numbers into Pelican's site and let them deal with mercedes vs going to my dealer, etc. But if the oem place is as easy to use and cheaper, sounds good to me...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For prosperity, I'll mention I found the torque spec in the factory manual for the strainer. The spec is officially 35 to 43 Nm... so I'll go to 30 ft lbs and call it done. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For prosperity, I'll mention I found the torque spec in the factory manual for the strainer. The spec is officially 35 to 43 Nm... so I'll go to 30 ft lbs and call it done. :)
However, a socket won't fit around the strainer since it is surrounded too closely by a metal lip. I ended up tightening it up via the hose fitting coupler that screws into it -- and am fairly confident both are more than 43 Nm... No leaks anyway so that's good. Here's a before and after of the whole pump package. I re-plated the 3-way metal pipe while it was out (thanks to CopyCad); powder coated the bracket black, and replaced what I could... Something weirdly satisfying about the before and after :)

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
Jyuma
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing