Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 S500 4Matic
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm confused about exactly what was decontented in the E500 4 zone climate system. A nice 2005 E500 4Matic has shown up at my local dealer.

From the 2005 E-Class Sales Presentation Guide in front of me, on page 7, I see "The activated charcoal filter is deleted from the 4-zone system". In the section "The following features have been deleted:" it says, "Climate-control REST mode, charcoal filter with smog sensor (midyear change during 2005 model year production)"

I'm reading this to mean that any 2005 E class with 4 zone climate system has only the basic engine filter and no in cabin filters. Or does it mean that there are still cabin filters but they are paper and not charcoal filters??

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts
When the charcoal filter was deleted, the cabin air filter was changed to a combo filter. Actually today one would likely get the combo filter even for the older model that still has the separate charcoal filters.

·
Registered
2004 S500 4Matic
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When the charcoal filter was deleted, the cabin air filter was changed to a combo filter. Actually today one would likely get the combo filter even for the older model that still has the separate charcoal filters.
So I guess that means that 2005 and later E class no longer have the filters below/behind the glove compartment? There is only the one cabin filter in the engine compartment, correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts