Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know at high speeds the speedometer can by slighty un-reliable, but i was driving my car the other night (on a safe road- private road with no other cars on it-that is closed to the public :) )-((that's for the cops)) anyways so i was driving and i got the speedometer pinned at 160mph, but the car is suppose to be limited to 155mph??

(2005 Sl500 sport)

(friend took the picture-sorry that its blurry (damn camera phone))

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 CLS63S SB
1,164 Posts
Speedos can be anything up to 10% in error. That's only 3%, and looking at your picture it's more like 159mph. But why is the discrepancy so important?
Things like tyre pressure/temperature and wear can also have an effect. An over inflated new tyre will have a larger rolling diameter than an under inflated worn one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really that important, I'm just curious, the picture was taken a little early but I did have it pinned at 160.....let say I was going 165 would the needle push past 160 or just stop at 160

·
Registered
'04 SL 500; '05 SLK 350
166 Posts
A standard German spec SL500 clocks out at 250 klicks per hour (155 mph) - the speedo will give you something just shy of 160 mph. What you took a picture of doesn't look off to me, but my hat still goes off for trying in a country where this could mean going to the slammer ;-)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol throw me in the slammer.....if im lucky lol-id be lucky to not get slapped around for a little bit first lol....

i guess this is why 20 year olds shouldnt have these....

--i'm almost happy my parents didnt let me buy the cls63 lol

(and no noone bought me anything-all my money is self earned)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts