Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
anyone with an aftermarket head unit, do u have problems with the antenna? Some times it will not go up. I dont know why! I have a Jensen h/u. I KNOW the anteanna motor...etc..etc is ok. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,668 Posts
dude why do u have a jensons, get something nice

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Confounded a Piece of shit.....Jensons?

[:0]

Get a nice Pioneer and a sub in the trunk and disconnect the antenna motor and pull out the plastic cable in it and use it as a manual....works like a charm.[:)]

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i only got the jensen bc i didnt have much money at the time and it did what i want.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there a way that i can wire up my anteanna switch / head unit so that the only thing that control my anteanna is the switch? So if i want it up i have to turn the switch up, or if i want it down i have to turn the switch down reguardless if the h/u is on or off/.

Thanks

Kris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think that if i can somehow supply power to terminal 1 continuosly that i will be able to run my anteanna like i said before. OR I can wire it just like my sub amp is. My sub amp's remote wire is wired right along with the power turn on wire on the head unit. What do u think i should do? Im not sure at this point.

Kris

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ANYONE?

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Generally, there is a wire coming from your head unit and a (conicidentally) a blue wire that leads to your antenna switch.. Attach the two and you're set.

BTW, I would have waited and saved before dropping $$ on a jensen.. It took me over a year to get the stereo for my 560SEC together, but it's worth the wait to do it right the first time!!

Jonathan

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
dont be cheap and just get a Alpine CD i've had mine and have never had any problems with it i actually wanna get a new one b/c mine dont got mp3 but been workin like a dream

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
I have the Alpine unit in my car. The antenna would only goes up when the tuner mode is on. It's down most of the time because I listen to CD more often.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok ok sheesh, I know a guy that works at Best Buy, they just started to carry Alpine units, which should i get?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6983277&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat52600050007&id=1099388650496

Its $180, the other ones were like 280 and 300 had features i didnt need. I think (maybe) my guy's discount will knock that down to to about 100, I hope. We'll see.

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Hey, at least he had enuff cash to put in a jenson, I gotta drop a RAMPAGE caset into mine I'm so broke... he's got CD, mine don't [:(!]

·
Registered
300 SEL- 190D- 380 SEC
227 Posts
Etronics.com has great deals on decks. Paid half of MSRP for a clarion/ mp3 2 zone input/output and sat.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
The becker is better than sticking in cheap units like Jenson and Rampage. [:)]

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
The stock Becker is better than sticking in cheap units like Jenson and Rampage. [:)]

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the becker unit i had died. So in this case it wouldnt have been better. [:D]

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
bronze560SEL - 4/12/2005 12:36 AM

dont be cheap and just get a Alpine CD i've had mine and have never had any problems with it i actually wanna get a new one b/c mine dont got mp3 but been workin like a dream
Alpine is not that great. You make it sound like their stuff just blows the competition out of the water, but with respect to their head units, they are just alright. First of all, they just now started producing head units with actual colors in the screens. You pay $500 for a deck and the display looks like it came right out of the 86 Mercedes Becker unit. Come on guys, lets be serious. Also, they have alot of problems with the internal amps of the headunits going out. Not to take anything away from Alpine, because after all, I have had 3 Alpine decks, 2 of which have had the mp3 capabiliities which you refer to. I just want you to know that there are plenty of other good audio electronics companies, Pioneer/Premier for example. Their equipment is excellent. Shop for a headunit that has the features you want, and you feel offers a good value, just don't get one because it says "Alpine" on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts