Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 mercedes S430, 2010 mercedes E550 4matic
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just got my car scanned and the code that popped up is P0748, pressure control solenoid A electrical, he said it was a hard code so he couldn't clear it. So will replacing the conductor plate solve my problem or is there something else that i need? Will i need to replace any of the solenoids?

·
Premium Member
'02' S500 (W220)
586 Posts

·
Premium Member
'02' S500 (W220)
586 Posts
Assuming the mechanic performed a voltage check and findings were low going to the Modulating pressure control solenoid and/or the Shift pressure regulating solenoid it would point to the Conductor plate. However, that's just my logic speaking and it has been none to "take a walk on the wild side" a time or two. Perhaps someone like Eric can give a better assessment.

One other thought came to mind: If we are talking voltage problem here, have you checked the Harness Connector for evidence of oil leaking into the plug? Electricity and fluids don't react well to each other. I'm not saying that your Conductor plate isn't the problem, but I like to figure out why it failed if it did. A plausible reason is a short caused by a leak. I would pop the Connector and check for oil.

Ok, I'm done.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well had my conductor plate changed today, the codes were cleared and bam back into limp mode it goes and the code came back P0748, now what? I had conductor plate, connector plug and new filter and gasket put in.....grrrrrr

·
Premium Member
'02' S500 (W220)
586 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I had the new conductor plate and connector put in and still limp mode so he took out the TCM module and found all kinds of corrosion on it, so now I need a new one and the stealership wants $1300 for it, they must be on crack. Here is the part #030 545 23 32

1 - 7 of 7 Posts