Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, here is a problem that my indy dealer ran into today after they put a new ABC pump on my 2001 S600. after everything was back together, they hoked the star diagnostic to the car but the computer would not connect to the car. they spent 2 hours and couldn't get the computer to "sync" or connect to the car. any clues as to why? I left the car battery disconnected from the car for over a month waiting for the part so the battery would not drain. otherwise the car was untouched. :surrender:

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes-Benz S500, 1982 300SD, and about 4 other parts cars in rubbermaid bins in the garage
306 Posts
ok, here is a problem that my indy dealer ran into today after they put a new ABC pump on my 2001 S600. after everything was back together, they hoked the star diagnostic to the car but the computer would not connect to the car. they spent 2 hours and couldn't get the computer to "sync" or connect to the car. any clues as to why? I left the car battery disconnected from the car for over a month waiting for the part so the battery would not drain. otherwise the car was untouched. :surrender:
Did they try STAR on another car to ensure the scan tool was not having issues?

Will the car start? Check your fuses and relays. Could or might be a CGW (central gateway).

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
just like mentioned above, if they cant connect to other cars its there equipment. if they can connect to others, the diagnostic connecter has a power supply to it which is fused, need to make sure power is getting to the connecter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update, seems that the ESP/ABS control unit had come loose in the fuse box, they put it back in place and worked. it seems that the simple things just bite us in the butt sometimes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts