Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 ML 350 BlueTec
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little revicew on the DC r/s unit from Compustar.

Very simple install.. The main part was done in about 20 minutes. Starts with a tap of the panic button. ( range is limited )
Runs for 20 minutes. Heater comes on it the last pos selected. Seats do not come back on.

DRONE MOBILE

Drone mobile is a smart phone based add on unit for most compustar remote starters. I use my Iphone to control the car.
Lock, unlock, rar hatch and R/S can be operated via my Iphone.
Range is unlimited as long as both my phone and my car have cell service. A bit slow to respond, but well worth it. No more keyfobs !!!

I actually leave my key in the car all the time now. I use the phone to lock and unlock.

The keyless go system is still in tact. When the car is running via R/S, i can stll lock and unlock with either my hand or my phone.

Only a couple of things i would like to change. I would like the option of extending the run time, and i would like to hook up the seats to one of the aux buttons ( so i can turn them on as well ), and i would like to get rid of the 3 second light flash when under R/S.

Other than that, its a great unit. Other than the $1300 price tag.

Any questions fire away. :thumbsup:

( just dont whine about the car idling............ )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installation

I was wondering if you did the instalation yourself or had it done. Sounds like a well integrated unit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installation

So do you think an average do it yourselfer could accomplish the install? Ant programming of the MB programming required? Thanks for your insight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts