Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am planning on doing a valve adjustment on my 300D soon, and I would also like to replace the injector return lines and injector 'spacers' while I'm there. Figured I should go ahead and do a compression check too - but I noticed that the injectors are quite a bit larger than your typical spark plug on a gas engine...its my understanding that you remove the injectors and screw a compression gauge in its place to do the compression test. Well I was looking at my current Sears compression gauge, and it doesn't appear to have an adapter that will fit the injector hole. Anyone know where I could find an adapter or compression gauge for a reasonable price (I'm a poor college student, [:)]). I've tried my local Pep Boys and Kragen - the people there look at me as if I was a lunatic whenever I go there asking for any Mercedes parts or related tools. Also - at Mercedes Source, I saw a kit to replace the injector lines and spacers..but it says its for the turbo engines...will this fit my non-turbo? Any other suggestions for things I should do or check in order for my 300D to be a daily driver? Anyway thanks for all the help, this is a great forum and I really appreciate it! Happy motoring! [:D]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.