Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
starting in 2 weeks a complete restoration on my 450SL
changing my convertible top, Seat covers, Carpet kit, Paint, Breaks, and some Engine work. my car has only 49K miles
I will take some pictures (before and after) restoration
I just ordered my top and seats from these guys,
http://www.autoberry.com/mercedes/w107

lets see how it goes.:bowdown: i will keep you posted
any Videos/Recommendations on installation that will help is appreciated

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Way cool ! Doing the same thing myself. Please post plenty of pictures. Can't wait to watch the process. Keep us posted !

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome! Someone will ask you to update your profile with details of your car (year, miles, unusual traits, etc). It's great to see another one getting restored and of course we loooove seeing pictures!

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Hadn't heard of that supplier, but they do seem to have what is needed for a restoration. Hope they work out well, their prices seem fair.

If you search the stickies (Encyclopedia Germanica) and this forum in general, you will find a lot of information on top installation, carpets and seats.

Over the years I did most of what you are about to do, except for paint which previous owner had done. If you get stuck on anything, I am sure there are many here who will try and help.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,109 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found this Video on youtube on how to install a the top, that should be helpful. but too bad its not complete

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the Seats today, they look good.
looking forward in installing them after the Holiday.
I'll keep you guys posted with some pictures

·
Registered
330 Posts
Are you in Phoenix? I'm in Ahwatukee (SW Phoenix). If you need any help call, after working on my 380SL for a couple of years and finally getting it running well, I'm somewhat knowledgeable on these things! Meanwhile, keep us posted on your project, with pics of course. Ned

1 - 10 of 10 Posts