Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!

I've reluctantly had to sell my '83 300SD due to low compression - however we got up to 386,000 miles, and she went to a good home, so it's not all bad.

I bought the MercedesSource Injector Pressure Testing Kit in the hopes that all that was wrong with the car were lousy injectors. The kit's been used a total of one time, and now with no car, it's just gathering dust.

The kit includes everything you need to properly refurb the injectors:

MercedesSource Pressure Testing Unit with full instructions
MS Shim Kit
Digital Caliper (For easily telling what size shim you have)
Five brand new Injector Heat Shields
Pick Tool (for Heat Shields)
Injector Socket
Torque Wrench
Set of various brass and nylon brushes

The whole kit's been used once to refurb all five injectors on my car - and is in essentially brand-new condition. The manual is full and complete, however has had diesel spilled on it (thanks to an overzealous me). The manual is legible, the cover is a bit washed out and of course, stinks of diesel.

The Shim Kit is compete - the shims in my stock injectors turned out to be bang on.

I paid well over $200 when I bought the complete kit - at this point it's just gathering dust. I'd be happy to sell everything for $175 plus shipping and handling.

I also have a SIR TOOLS double row timing chain crimping tool for sale. I used it one time to replace the timing chain on my OM617. It's in excellent condition and ready to use. I'm asking $140.00 for it plus the cost of shipping.

Please contact me either through here or my email if you're interested - I'm looking to move these fairly quickly in order to raise funds to head up to the British Invasion in Stowe, VT on the 15th.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I am available by phone should you wish.

Best regards,

Jim Smith
(former) '83 300SD
386,000 Miles
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics Coming!

Hey Doug!

I'm happy to take and post pics - I'm at the office right now, so they'll be posted later. I'm using the sale of the tools to get to the British Invasion at Stowe - if you wanted to buy both at the same time (Bundle them together) I'm happy to let them go together for $275 (plus shipping and handling).

Many thanks,

-Jim S.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tools are Sold!

Wow! That was fast! A huge thanks to this forum, and a huge thanks for all of the interest - the tools are sold.

Thank you again,

-Jim S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts