Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a lot of interest in upgrading the audio system on the new c-coupe, so I thought I'd try for a comprehensive thread:<br>
<br>
Assuming you want to maintain the steering wheel buttons, dash display, etc (meaning keeping the stock head unit) what options are available to upgrade the system, in particular:<br>
<br>
CD Changer - beckers or MB label the only options? sources?<br>
<br>
Amplification - does the head unit have a conventional preamp output, or is there a converter available for the fiber optic system? I've heard that becker makes amps that have fiber input - are they any good? how much room in the stock (bose) location for upgraded amps? Any other empty spaces in the car that are good for the installation of an amp?<br>
<br>
Speakers - I assume any normal 6.5' will fit at the door locations? Mounting depth? Is the stock wiring ok for a higher power amp, or is it too light?<br>
<br>
Subwoofer - I've heard the stock location is on the passenger's side of the hatch. Are these enclosures available aftermarket? What is the volume in the stock enclosure? Is the fiber cable in the hatch a preamp signal? What about the one that looks like an old RS-232 connection? Navigation?<br>
<br>
Misc. - Since the car appears to be prewired for all of the electronic options, what can be added 'after the fact' phone? navigation? voice activation?<br>
<br>
Any and all answers welcomed!<br>
<br>
~David

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HI david, read the article that I started below.<br> The topic is 25 topic below yours stating:2002 coupe, can I replace my stock player with a pioneer will it play?<br>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts