Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with an E55 enthusiast yesterday who's planning some rather nice MKB upgrades from Oberklasse in Texas (anyone dealt with these folks?). He loves the car but complains that the throttle is difficult to modulate and the car's suspension is rather harsh over bumpy roads. Anyone know if stiffer springs can be used on the throttle? I'm hoping that a ceramic brake upgrade with a 30-40 lb reduction in unsprung weight will help the road feel problem. SD

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With so much power, some may find the throttle being a bit too sensitive as the car does accelerate quite hard even with the slightest pressure on the throttle.<p>One can set the car to the winter mode so the car will start in 2nd gear. to smooth things out I would think that stiffer springs will only worsen the situation.<p>While the suspension is fairly stiff, even when you go over bumpy roads, the car's really shows off its solid structure with no squeaks or rattles. The only thing you hear will be the rear headrests banging against the rear dash, if you have them dropped to maximize your rear view and you drive quickly over a speed bump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts