1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My B is B200

I download the photo of B200-turbo
Wah, Great difference inside the car.

Any brother can take a photo for his own B-Turbo?
Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
B200 CDI SE
2,248 Posts
There's not a lot of room under the bonnets (hoods to the members in the counterfeit Surrey) these days. You can see why they do a lot of work from underneath with the car up on a ramp nowadays. It's bye bye to the home mechanic I'm afraid.

·
Registered
B200 T 2007 Gone, Discovery Sport 2016
1,581 Posts
There's not a lot of room under the bonnets (hoods to the members in the counterfeit Surrey) these days. You can see why they do a lot of work from underneath with the car up on a ramp nowadays. It's bye bye to the home mechanic I'm afraid.
Keith

If a car 's hood is called a bonnet in the "want to be Surrey", what do you call a ladies Easter Bonnet????

Lucky that cars need less servicing now. In Canada we ( age showing ) used to have spring and fall tune ups as well as oil changes monthly in the winter. If you where not handy with repairs you where broke.:)

Bill

·
Registered
B200 CDI SE
2,248 Posts
A hat, Bill :D

I suppose that if you trip up over something you have an Autumn & not a fall. (Must teach you guys English sometime) ;)

Best wishes from the original & genuine and very old Surrey (UK) :thumbsup:

Keith

·
Registered
Our 3rd Black - "Betty B Bomber"
184 Posts

I suppose that if you trip up over something you have an Autumn & not a fall. (Must teach you guys English sometime) ;)

Keith
At least there's no confusion in calling it an Easter 'Hood' :D

Bill, at least after a long drawn spring we are looking forward to some sunny and hot weather even in Richmond.

Cheers,

Martin

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Martin

Be careful, be very careful, someone in England will try and take credit for "Richmond" as well as Surrey:D

Looking forward to the weekend, temperatures predicated to go to 30 C. Will have to look at the manual to see how to use the air conditioner:) Hope it still works:eek::eek: Since we bought the car have not had a chance to really test out the a/c.

Bill

·
Registered
1,581 Posts

Keith
Keith
:surrender:I have to admit that England has slightly better command of the English language than other areas of the British Isles. We watched a movie from Scotland and subtitles had to be used:thumbsup: and they where not speaking Gaelic. :big laugh:

Bill

·
Registered
B200 CDI SE
2,248 Posts
Bill I also have this problem with some of the Scottish & northern dialects but I am getting a bit hard of hearing :eek: and that doesn't help. I suppose they find our southern ones strange as well.

PS. We certainly 'own' the rights on the name Guildford. :p

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
There is a Guildford in BC's Surrey too. The one in England is nicer, believe it or not ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Martin

Be careful, be very careful, someone in England will try and take credit for "Richmond" as well as Surrey:D

Looking forward to the weekend, temperatures predicated to go to 30 C. Will have to look at the manual to see how to use the air conditioner:) Hope it still works:eek::eek: Since we bought the car have not had a chance to really test out the a/c.

Bill
Isn't there a Richmond in the UK as well?:confused:

Bill, you really should turn on your A/C once in a while even in the winter. It keeps the A/C system 'lubricated' and especially in the wet coast where we get very humid air, the A/C helps to drive dry air into the cabin, and helps drive out moisture. It will also help avoid having that 'wet rag' smell which sometimes develops.

I usually just have my A/C button turned on, and just fiddle with the temp control. I believe we have a semi-auto system which MB decided to fancily call THERMOTRONIC system. A/C compressor turns on only when your pre-set temperature is reached.

With warm weather (almost) upon us, already planning the long weekend activities. . . clean out garage, wash, wax the B, polish the sills and install clear protector, golf. . . not necessarily in that order, either. ooops, forgot family driving duties as well.

Martin

·
Registered
C 230 2008 7 Speed, Silver
379 Posts
Keith, I have 3 questions???
- Why are all of your posts today showing "1000 posts" - don't they count up?
- Why are Dereks posts showing 1000 posts too - are you a duet?
- What was your consumption for the first 1000 posts?:D

·
Registered
B200 CDI SE
2,248 Posts
Yes the posts do count up but I put in a fair number of posts one after another.

It had turned into a bit of a race as to who was going to get to 1,000 posts first (I don't know if Derek was 'racing' with me or not) By my reckoning (but this may be disputed) Derek had 998 up when I reached 1,000 so I am claiming victory for the Brits :).

Mind you it is about the only thing we are likely to win we lose the football, :crybaby2:cricket, :crybaby2:Formula 1 :crybaby2:(& probably the Olympics :crybaby2:) so please let us have our little bit of glory.

I will concede that Derek is the more senior poster (ie he has been at it longer) and Mike must be the one posting the most posts in the (relatively short) time he has been a member/Owner. And I must admit I did go into a bit of waffle mode :eek: (translation talking unnecessarily :eek:) on the last couple of posts.

I don't drink so 0/1000 posts so hows that for comsumption

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Looks like the movie Chariots of Fire all over again.:goojob:

But being a Canadian I think Derek should be given a special award since he spends 6 months a year shoveling snow and has frozen fingers most of the time.:):):):):):):):)

Well done Keith.

Bill

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
8,521 Posts
No special awards please. If there are awards to go around, it should go to the B Forum for being the cheeriest group on Benzworld.:goojob: Derek

·
Registered
C 230 2008 7 Speed, Silver
379 Posts
Many thanks from me to Keith, Derek and Mike :thumbsup: and all the others who are regular and frequent posters here and for making this an informative
and B-eautiful place to B. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Many thanks from me to Keith, Derek and Mike :thumbsup: and all the others who are regular and frequent posters here and for making this an informative
and B-eautiful place to B. :)
Hear, here. . . :beerchugr:

Indeed, the B forum is very informative and seems to have genuine members who have fun, can express theur own thoughts, expressions, experiences, but are respectful of each other. Thanks, all!:thumbsup:

Martin

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Aww everyyone is so nice, thanks to all <group hug>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts