Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the unique situation of being able to compare the gloss black with the metalic black on the same car. My gloss black car was delivered with one of the mirrors painted in metalic. The dealer picked it up before it was delivered and they are fixing it as soon as a new part comes in.

I elected to go for the gloss black rather than the metalic black because the metalic black cars I had seen all looked like they had dust on them (obviously the metalic flecks). Now I have seen the two next to each other on the same car, I have also noted that the metalic black actually also looks grey next to the gloss black which makes it look a bit more dull than the gloss.

I am pretty happy I went for the gloss black again, even though the Aussie version of the 350 has the metalic colours at no extra charge.

·
Registered
SLK 350
200 Posts
I presume Gloss Black is same non mettalic black in UK??

Incidentally - what leather do you have inside? any pics?

·
Registered
SLK 350
69 Posts
I have gone for the 040 plain black, its cheaper and it looks better IMO. This website is very useful to compare blacks www.williamloughran.co.uk

·
Registered
SLK 350 , S 500 L, C 200
109 Posts
I have the obsidian black - metallic - and very pleased with the look of it. Yes it does look slightly less vibrant than the gloss black , but I suspect will be more forgiving when dirty.
No regrets with black - even though this is my first balck car

·
Registered
SLK350
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car has the red interior. Actually it is red on the seats and doors. the rest is black. My old R170 230K was red everywhere!

I have posted a couple of pics in a new thread. When I get a chance I will post some shots with the top down showing the interior

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1199247&posts=2&fid=27

1 - 6 of 6 Posts