Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have owned an 05 c230k since new and 42k miles now. it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned (only "repair" needed was the chrome trim peeling on cupholder, replaced free under warranty). on the sunroof not closing all the way, I had that issue awhile back, sometimes I had to try few times before it would close all the way (it would reverse when it was a few inches from being closed). here's how I fixed in 10 seconds at no cost: note where it is reversing direction and imagine a line across the sunroof at that point. then look closely at the spot on the driver side where that line intersects the opening. you may see a tiny metal tab that is sticking out. I pushed that tab in and the problem has never happened again.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
it sounds like something is wrong with your car. you should get 32-33 mpg highway cruising at 80mph. a supercharger (kompressor) barely affects mileage. and the car should definitely not sound like a diesel. even with the sport exhaust this is a very quiet car.

mine is an 04,sunroof tilts up but doesnt open..add 1qt of oil lightoften comes up in malfunction,gas mileage is not really that great..sucks up gas as it was a 6 cylinder,i hear its because of kompressor idk?alternator has low voltage when hid lights are on and i crank system light flicker and alternator goes to like 11 volts...kompressor makes it sound like a diesel,i hate that..other than this,the car is great..mine just hit 55k and engine is very strong,love the handling,love the sport button and tiptronic tranny..very responsive,9 out of 10...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
see sticky at top of page; tons of info. recall for some years.

Does anyone have any details about these leaking cam sensors?

I have just purchased an 2001 C200K with 65 000kms. Full merc history and a 2 year warranty. The service guys reckon there's nothing to worry about but I would rather have the mod done before the oil starts leaking.

How common is this problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts