Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 c240
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, will the clk command fit the c240 perfectly? I want to purchase the command.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
The W208 COMAND is sqaure and will not fit. The W209 COMAND is the odd shape and will fit.

·
Registered
C320
5 Posts
If you do not currently have Command what is needed to fit the command into a w203? currently have the Stock CD and CDC...

What are the advantages / disadvatages of the euro command?

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
If Interested in a Comand either USA or Euro
Contact Steve @ Mbenznl.com great prices and He can Install...The Euro Comand has RDS Radio Display..Station/song/stock market etc..that is cool and a TV button so that a Mercedes TV Tuner can be added.. Oh and The Brit chick..

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
The correct CLK comand is the same part number as the C comand so not biggy there. The G comand is the same except the speed calibration and gyro angle is off so I wouldn't recomend it but some people have it without any problems.

Besides the Comand unit itself you will need a sat antenna (either MB or aftermarket as long as the connector is correct) and you will need to re-wire your C block connector on the back of your current radio to seperate C1 & C2 connectors. If you want to take advantage of AUX in you will need to wire that into the connector. See my website for the MB WIS.

The Euro comand's has a british accent, RDS, can take a TV tuner module and hence have audio/video in from DVD player or whatever (caveat being that you can't play the TV while the car is moving unless your dealer turns this off and that may not be easy) and it maintains AUX sound parameters between power offs. The US comand has english buttons instead of meaningless icons and menus seem to work more intuitively for me than the Euro comand.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
The angle of the gyro can be set by hand .... the clip just makes it easy. The G-wagon one is grey the C-Class one is yellow.

Just taking a few seconds to look at both and you will become aware of the fact that if you rotate the grey 15 degrees clip past its markings then you can actually set 25 degrees with little or no error.

The angle is set into position with a notch on the plastic ring. Either shave off the notch or push past it.

So there is no actual reason why any person needs to live with the wrong angle setting.

I published the part number for the "speed pulse" connector and its crimp pin. Its location and pinout are also mentioned. They may have been done on a rival forum .... M B world

1 - 7 of 7 Posts