Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

COMMAND works as a TV screen

1552 Views 8 Replies 0 Participants Last post by  JJ
G
Does anybody know a way to get the COMMAND to work as a tv screen so I can connect VCD/DVD player on to it???<br>
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: command as tv

You need the dealer to program it to think it<br>has the TV - then, its got a RGB input on the<br>back - im sure the dealer will tell U which<br>pins of the connectors it is !<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried. Went to several dealers, etc. No luck. If anyone knows any info. Let me know Thanks

: Does anybody know a way to get the COMMAND to work as a tv screen so I can connect VCD/DVD player on to it???<br><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, some info here [not all]

Can't help with how to get your dealer to tell<br>the Comand its got the TV option, but here is<br>the pinout.<p>You need special tools to remove the head unit,<br>same as those for removing the Audio 10/30 or<br>air-con control etc.<br>(You can release the tools afterwards by poking<br>a screwdriver in the hole in the clip where the<br>key is slotted (obvious when unit removed)<p>When looking at back , thers a bunch of connectors<br>on the right (the aerial inputs are on the left)<br>The top left connector is the power output to<br>the CD player and the RGB inputs for TV ..<p>Pin 1 is Red<br>Pin 2 is Green<br>Pin 3 is Blue<br>Pin 4 is something<br>Pin 7 is something<p>I dunno exactly what 4 and 7 are, they are<br>connected using shielded cable (with shields<br>connected to ground elsewhere). The circuits<br>legends show these as ND and NC respectively.<p>I cant remember what sync's standard RGB uses, but<br>Id imagine that these are what pin 4 and 7 are.<p>Im not sure how well TV is supported, I havent<br>seen a CLK or E class (same comand system) with<br>TV in it. Interestingly the TV button in the US<br>doesnt have TV written on it.<p>Any US people want to tell us EU people what<br>hapens if you press that blank button. We get a <br>messages saying "No TV !"<p><br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent info...thanks. If you have anymore please post it. As for your question, the TV button(The

: Can't help with how to get your dealer to tell<br>the Comand its got the TV option, but here is<br>the pinout.<p>You need special tools to remove the head unit,<br>same as those for removing the Audio 10/30 or<br>air-con control etc.<br>(You can release the tools afterwards by poking<br>a screwdriver in the hole in the clip where the<br>key is slotted (obvious when unit removed)<p>When looking at back , thers a bunch of connectors<br>on the right (the aerial inputs are on the left)<br>The top left connector is the power output to<br>the CD player and the RGB inputs for TV ..<p>Pin 1 is Red<br>Pin 2 is Green<br>Pin 3 is Blue<br>Pin 4 is something<br>Pin 7 is something<p>I dunno exactly what 4 and 7 are, they are<br>connected using shielded cable (with shields<br>connected to ground elsewhere). The circuits<br>legends show these as ND and NC respectively.<p>I cant remember what sync's standard RGB uses, but<br>Id imagine that these are what pin 4 and 7 are.<p>Im not sure how well TV is supported, I havent<br>seen a CLK or E class (same comand system) with<br>TV in it. Interestingly the TV button in the US<br>doesnt have TV written on it.<p>Any US people want to tell us EU people what<br>hapens if you press that blank button. We get a <br>messages saying "No TV !"<p><br><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you put an alpine TV in the CLK

I have a 99 clk430..no cd player...i heard all about the oem and the becker but im looking to take it a step futher and put an alpine tv in the front, the kind that slides out..but i heard about the fiber optic connections. will that make this impossible or are they only fiber optic connections from the mercedes benz radio itself. or is the entire wiring of the car fiber optic, can i replace the radio with something that dont have fiber optic connections??????<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Ok, some info here [not all]

I think I can get a service guy at mercedes to program it for me, but they are very hasty about giving out the info for some reason. The only pin i still need is the Composite sync line. That way i can use a pioneer decoder to feed in a video signal from rca connectors, now audio will be a whole diff story!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Can you put an alpine TV in the CLK

Yes and No. Your MB (99) has no CanBus system (special MB protocol and fiberoptic system) So you can replace your system by any other. The MB's with the CanBus system (also the controls from the steering wheel) you can replace by none fiberoptic system but you will loose the controls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.