Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think the Command on the CLk is worth it? I saw the ones in the S-class and was not impressed with the small screen. The dealer has never had one with the command in it since I have been looking at the CLK's last December. I couldnt try the one on the S-Class since It did belong to someone. So let me know your guys Input on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its definitely worth it. As a driver you won't use the screen as much, but more the in-dash navigation screen (the multi-function screen area used for the odometer, radio, CD, tel, nav, etc). In addition to the in-dash display you of course also get the voice commands (in one of 6 languages). You only use the screen for destination selection/input and to entertain your passengers with map info. For only $2K more, go for it. It helped me out in numerous situations.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fell in love with her the moment I heard her speak. I love command although I wish I could find a

: Its definitely worth it. As a driver you won't use the screen as much, but more the in-dash navigation screen (the multi-function screen area used for the odometer, radio, CD, tel, nav, etc). In addition to the in-dash display you of course also get the voice commands (in one of 6 languages). You only use the screen for destination selection/input and to entertain your passengers with map info. For only $2K more, go for it. It helped me out in numerous situations.<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really like comand. Pretty impressive to pull up resturants in far-away towns, or drive right to some new golf course. You are spending $56+ for the car of your dreams. Dig for the extra $2k, you won't regret it. <p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about the CD Changer??

Is there anywhere I can get the CD Changer for cheaper than what the dealer wants for it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup www.bekkers.com. Our cars are connected via fiber-optic cable so the changer has to be compatibl

: Is there anywhere I can get the CD Changer for cheaper than what the dealer wants for it?<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You must get it, it you are late a lot.......or.....

I can't remember how many times the Command has saved me time. I am usually at least 30 min late. This is compounded when I am going to a new place. Just punch the address in and go. Recently I found myself in a meeting with senior honcho for a new client company. He was new to the area and just as unfamiliar with the restraunts in the area. He just knew that he wanted Indian food. We drove around for about 5 minutes. We foolishly had not bothered to look at the yellow pages. I rememberd seeing something regarding restraunts in the Command. After about 30 seconds I got to the correct screen. Lo and behold there was a Bombay Palace just 5 minutes away. the Command guided us like a champ. We headed there and had some wonderful curry. I was able to seal the deal over lunch. In the back of my mind, I could not help but think.....the Mercedes Command delivered the Curry. <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish I had command. They didn't have it when I bought my car. =(

: I can't remember how many times the Command has saved me time. I am usually at least 30 min late. This is compounded when I am going to a new place. Just punch the address in and go. Recently I found myself in a meeting with senior honcho for a new client company. He was new to the area and just as unfamiliar with the restraunts in the area. He just knew that he wanted Indian food. We drove around for about 5 minutes. We foolishly had not bothered to look at the yellow pages. I rememberd seeing something regarding restraunts in the Command. After about 30 seconds I got to the correct screen. Lo and behold there was a Bombay Palace just 5 minutes away. the Command guided us like a champ. We headed there and had some wonderful curry. I was able to seal the deal over lunch. In the back of my mind, I could not help but think.....the Mercedes Command delivered the Curry. <br><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: How about the CD Changer??

The Becker sic disc, BE 2662 with fiber optic will work, but may ignore random play button if the radio is not a Becker. <p>: Is there anywhere I can get the CD Changer for cheaper than what the dealer wants for it?<p>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.