Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<br>I tried to order a CLK320 recently and was told that there would be a significant extra wait (+3 months on top of the 3 month build-to-delivery time) on the COMMAND system.<p>Apparantly the COMMAND system is being revamped for the 2001 model, and they can't schedule the car for production until about late October.<p>Has anyone hear similar feedback (and where?), or even better, can anyone verify that the dealer telling me the whole story?<p>much thanks<p>Keith

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes this is true. The new Command will be released on October and therefore has delayed all production of models which have this option. The new command will incorporate the voice-activated phone (timeport) among other things. The wait may be long but the car's worth every second of it.<p>Have patience my friend. It took 7 months for me to see my car and I was glad I waited.<p>John<p>: <br>I tried to order a CLK320 recently and was told that there would be a significant extra wait (+3 months on top of the 3 month build-to-delivery time) on the COMMAND system.<p>Apparantly the COMMAND system is being revamped for the 2001 model, and they can't schedule the car for production until about late October.<p>Has anyone hear similar feedback (and where?), or even better, can anyone verify that the dealer telling me the whole story?<p>much thanks<p>Keith<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you really think that you would need command, then wait for it. I love my command and I think it is worth the wait.<p>If you don't want it, then tell your dealer so that you can get the car a lot faster.<p>Alex<br>: <br>I tried to order a CLK320 recently and was told that there would be a significant extra wait (+3 months on top of the 3 month build-to-delivery time) on the COMMAND system.<p>Apparantly the COMMAND system is being revamped for the 2001 model, and they can't schedule the car for production until about late October.<p>Has anyone hear similar feedback (and where?), or even better, can anyone verify that the dealer telling me the whole story?<p>much thanks<p>Keith<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone know what new features the '01 COMMAND will incorporate?

<br>I've heard rumours of stock quotes, weather, in-car diagnostics.<p>But no reliable sources....<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Anyone know what new features the '01 COMMAND will incorporate?

Basically, it integrates TELE-AID which tracks your car via Global Satellite Positioning (GPS) in emergencies, the satelllite based nav system, the Bose(r) premium audio system, the new voice recogninition system which recognizes normal conversational commands for controlling the timeport phone in hands-free operation, CD Changer, Automatic climate control which includes sensors for humidity, air pollutants and sun strength, DISTRONIC, a radar-controlled cruise control which maintains a set distance from vehicles ahead.<p>I also heard that you will be able to access the internet using COMMAND and therefore won't be limited to just stock quotes, weather, etc.<p>David<p><br>: <br>I've heard rumours of stock quotes, weather, in-car diagnostics.<p>But no reliable sources....<p><p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.