Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML500
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while now my command unit stopped working. Looked like it was a battery issue as mine went flat a few days ago. Tried to get the car moving so I connected some jumper cables to the terminals in the engine compartment and the unit powered on. Had both main and auxiliary batteries replaced at a workshop and now the command unit is not working again. Had a look at the fuses and pulled out the unit. Everything looks fine. I'm confused as heck at this point. Anyone experienced this issue before?

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,843 Posts
Did the command stop working first and then the battery died or the other way around?

What year ML?

·
Registered
2007 ML500
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The command unit stopped working first. No power was going to the unit. It's a 2007 ML500

·
Registered
2007 ML500
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Looks like the problem is down to a component draining the battery. I couldn't unlock the car today after leaving it for a few days. How do I go about diagnosing this? Thanks

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,843 Posts
I asked this simple question and you did not reply..............How did you test there was no voltage to the radio?

·
Registered
2007 ML500
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I asked this simple question and you did not reply..............How did you test there was no voltage to the radio?
Apologies. I was pretty busy so I left the car at a friend's workshop. They pulled out the unit and checked the voltage from the cables using a multimeter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts