Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'12 CLS550 4matic; '12 S550 4matic; 2003 CLK320
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 04' Mercedes S430. I installed a motorola IHF1000 bluetooth car kit last night. I pulled out the command unit to see if I could find the mute wire so I can hook up the connection. I took the connector out from the back of the system but could not locate the wire. I then just put everything back together and now my command wont power on. I was searching different threads and they said to check the fiber optic loop. The weird thing is when I took the connector out the fiber optic light was blinking then went away. It was not steady at all. I am not sure if its supposed to be a steady red light. I have checked all the fuses related to the command and navi system. Also, tried unplugging the battery terminal for awhile...still nothing. Could anyone please help me out?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Are you sure you did not kink or hurt the fibre cable and the other connector was secured well?

Do you mean the unit is completely dead, nothing happens even momentarily if you switch ignition on or press the on button at Comand?

If it is completely dead, either a fuse has blown or the connector is not well attached.

If it comes on for a moment, then it is most likely an issue with the fibre ring, either a bad fibre section, a bad fibre connection or a dead device at the fibre ring.

·
Registered
'12 CLS550 4matic; '12 S550 4matic; 2003 CLK320
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I have an 04' Mercedes S430. I installed a motorola IHF1000 bluetooth car kit last night. I pulled out the command unit to see if I could find the mute wire so I can hook up the connection. I took the connector out from the back of the system but could not locate the wire. I then just put everything back together and now my command wont power on. I was searching different threads and they said to check the fiber optic loop. The weird thing is when I took the connector out the fiber optic light was blinking then went away. It was not steady at all. I am not sure if its supposed to be a steady red light. I have checked all the fuses related to the command and navi system. Also, tried unplugging the battery terminal for awhile...still nothing. Could anyone please help me out?

Thanks!!!
Thanks for the quick respone!

The unit is completely dead. It does not turn on at all. I took the connector out and it went back in firmly. However, when I take the connector out and look at the fiber optic loop one seems to have a red light then quickly goes away. I shook the plug a little bit and the red light started blinking. Does the light in the fiber optic line have to be always constantly lit? Will it affect the command from not turning on?

·
Registered
2005 CL65 AMG, 2007 Ferrari F430
790 Posts
The red light blinking is normal. That is the Gateway searching for devices. Once everything is found, it stays on steady.
I would check pins 1 and 2 for 12v - 1 is ground, 2 is 12v constant.

Usually the screen will light up momentary and show the MB logo, and shut off if there is an error elsewhere

PS, the 2004 US car does not have a mute wire. You would need a fiber optic bluetooth system to make it work properly in the car (all original factory functions, without the factory price)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts