Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
W210 E300D 95' Elegance 330.000 kms
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a W210 E300D and my key falled down. After that the command didn´t work any more.

I dissasembled the key and I found out that one part was apart, here I´m sending you some photos. I want to solder this part but I´m not sure which ways it goes.

On one side it´s written "france", and on the other numbers "4" and "3", where does the numbers go? to the side of the infrarred light or to the other side??

Thank you for your time,

Diamond

Attachments

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,106 Posts
i'm running out the door for work so i have nothing conclusive to share. how-
ever, it's rare that the 4 fractures will be identical so i'm guessing that if you
study each pad carefully under high maginification, you will find matching
imprints. just a thought....on the fly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

I´ve reparied the command but when I try to open the car it doesn´t... Then if I open the car with the key instead of the command, and I try to start the engine the green and red lights keep flashing.

What can I do to solve this out?? Is it possible to remove the key code of the car???

Thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
W210 1996 E320 Smoke Silver. [W124 1990 300CE Artic White - Sold].
814 Posts
Hi,

I´ve reparied the command but when I try to open the car it doesn´t... Then if I open the car with the key instead of the command, and I try to start the engine the green and red lights keep flashing.

What can I do to solve this out?? Is it possible to remove the key code of the car???

Thanks a lot!!
How do you open the fob? How are the two halves held together? I don't see any screws and was afraid to break it by prying it up. Especially there is some kind of spring that could fly out, right?

Later: searched forum and found that one http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1421461-how-open-ir-remote-repair-guide.html

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
Although you did a wonderful job explaining your repairs---------you need to sit down have some good Valencia orange juice and think about how and where to get a new key. Good luck!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi!!

The orange juice was very good, thanks, jejee!!

About the command I followed the link of that post and I´ve found out that I needed to rearm the command key by pressing twice the switch and then turning the key to the 2 position.

After that I managed to start the engine!!!! There is just one question left: why do the green-red lights flash together??????

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Repaired my fob this afternoon, the failure was exactly as OP described and it works again, Thanks!

·
Registered
814 Posts
diamond, yes, red/green lights flashed together the first time, but not anymore after I disconnected the battery and reconnected it after 5 min.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts