Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S320CDI
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a late 2003 S320CDI with command widescreen. I am looking for an inexpensive kit to connect my video ipod to my command that also lets me watch video from the ipod on my widescreen. My vehicle has a CD changer in the boot but my vehicle does not have DVD.

I have found a inexpensive (£23.99) set of leads on the internet which I believe (!) will do the job. They are called XtremeMac RoadShow Car Audio/Video Kit for iPod and are found on the iWorld - Please enable your cookies.

Before I decide on whether to purchase or not, do any of you have any feedback on this product or any further advise to assist me. I wont have a clue how to connect the leads.

Has anyone any other advice on connecting my Ipod to my vehicle system?
Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2003 S320CDI
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cheap Option & Effective

No replies as yet! However, I didnt realise that my car had a Aux Socket for audio in the glove box, probably standard on face lift models. I bought a lead for a couple of quid, plugged one end into the Aux Socket, the other into my ipod headphone jack, selected Aux on the command, and hey presto, perfect sound through my command system.

Am I just thick or is no one else aware of this quick, effective and cheap option for playing your ipod through command?

I am still looking at the leads mentioned at the 1st thread as I want to view video on my command, but for the time being and for just listening to audio, I am sorted.

I am still awaiting replies.

Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
2001 C240 6SPD
12 Posts
Mercedes has shown some very strange things in their cars, from this to one ultra-bright fog light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts