Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have heard and just want to confirm the installation of a W210 command into a W202. I know it is possible, but does it have to be the MCS from a W210 or can it be others as well. I'm looking for the one with the easiest install. (w208 also will fit???) Then will the Euro MCS (w/ TV button) work also in US??? Of course I'll be using the Navi functions so that has to work also. Basically would like to know what I can buy to make this happen. Also are these plug and play or do new wiring harness need to be purchased.
Application 98 C43 w. factory phone (will be taken out). Thanks any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Hello,

I have heard and just want to confirm the installation of a W210 command into a W202. I know it is possible, but does it have to be the MCS from a W210 or can it be others as well. I'm looking for the one with the easiest install. (w208 also will fit???) Then will the Euro MCS (w/ TV button) work also in US??? Of course I'll be using the Navi functions so that has to work also. Basically would like to know what I can buy to make this happen. Also are these plug and play or do new wiring harness need to be purchased.
Application 98 C43 w. factory phone (will be taken out). Thanks any help will be appreciated
W163 COMAND would be easiest if you do not plan to use features that are present for W208/W210 (mainly steering wheel controls).

It takes quite a bit of customization to make the COMAND fit in the W202, but very possible by experienced installers.

-s-

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEah I dont plan on losing the AMG cluster and wheel, just want the command in there and...

Yeah I dont plan on losing the AMG cluster and wheel, just want the command in there and maybe the ATT Digtal nokia phone, S~ You are in the bayarea right? I'd like to see your setup sometime. I have found one from a 2002 E430 for $750. what you think good deal? The part number on the unit is: A 210 820 55 89

1 - 3 of 3 Posts