Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CLK430
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Cabrio with the 7/02 NAV CD's. When the 03 update comes out for the Nav, will the firmware also be automatically updated, or are the cd's just the map info?

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,241 Posts
I have an 03 Cabrio with the 7/02 NAV CD's. When the 03 update comes out for the Nav, will the firmware also be automatically updated, or are the cd's just the map info?
Map CDs are just map info. Firmware update CDs do the firmware updates. (and, strangely enough... the diagnostic CDs do the diagnostics! [:D])

-s-

·
Registered
33 Posts
diagnostic cd's?

besides the obviosu answer ( the dealership ) are there other avenues to get the diag/firmware CD's

anyone have a copy that I can use

I have a just barely (53000) out of warranty COMAND that I would love to UG the firmware on.

I would liek the daig CD b/c currently the COMAND will point eh car souoth when it is actually pointed north... whihc makes following directions VERY tough = )

thanks,
jim

·
Registered
2013 E550 4Matic
32 Posts
Upgrade / Update?

I have an '02 clk with comand. The only disc I have is the one that came with the car at delivery. Are there updates available? What will a firmware update do for me. My car is at the dealer for the 'Service B' right now. Should I be asking them to update something for me?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: Upgrade / Update?

I have an '02 clk with comand. The only disc I have is the one that came with the car at delivery. Are there updates available? What will a firmware update do for me. My car is at the dealer for the 'Service B' right now. Should I be asking them to update something for me?

Thanks,

Jeff

it is kinda nice... at startup you will see a black screen with Mercedes-Benz and the star, but the really nice feature is the SPeller. in stead of going through every letter to spell a city/name the speller will single out the most logical choices. Makes things a TON faster.

not sure if you already have this or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts