Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I have 2001 E320 wagon with the Command system. I got hold of the firmware update CD for this system. Has anybody done the firmware upgrade without taking the car to the dealer? Is it as easy as just putting the CD in the command system?

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

regards,

Ketan

·
BenzWorld R171 Host
SLK350
1,410 Posts
If you swtich to NAV mode, then press and hold keys 1, 3 and 8, the COMAND display will drop into an 'update menu' and request you to insert update disk.

this may or may not work!
give it a try!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I followed your direction but never got the screen that requested "update CD". Do you know whether this method works for COMMAND 2.5? or is it just for COMMAND 2.0?

Thx.

Ketan

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
ketanbhat - 4/28/2005 12:38 PM

I followed your direction but never got the screen that requested "update CD". Do you know whether this method works for COMMAND 2.5? or is it just for COMMAND 2.0?

Thx.

Ketan
It works on all 2.5 and 2.0 providing it is one of the COMAND that can be updated. Not all COMAND can be user updated.

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
miroj - 4/27/2005 2:57 AM

Thx.

Ketan
It works on all 2.5 and 2.0 providing it is one of the COMAND that can be updated. Not all COMAND can be user updated.
Do you know of any other keys for programing the command? The dealer disabled my Sat button trying to version code my system I wanted to see if there was a way I could do it from the front panel.

Thanks...

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
My04230k - 5/12/2005 7:43 PM

miroj - 4/27/2005 2:57 AM

Thx.

Ketan
Do you know of any other keys for programing the command? The dealer disabled my Sat button trying to version code my system I wanted to see if there was a way I could do it from the front panel.

Thanks...
I doubt it ..... if you do find it then it would make an interesting post. No person has found it in 5 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts