Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
CLK 270 CDi 2004
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please could someone give me a definitive answer. My CLK was serviced 3 weeks ago and my DVD Sat/Nav DVD was changed under warranty fro ver 4.0 to ver 2.2. The manufacturer is Navteq the unit is a Harman Becker.

When I spoke with Mercedes customer service they advised me that the upgrade should have been from ver 4.0 to ver 6.1 when it became available at the end of June and it would have cost attached to it.

The dealers say that they have carried out the instructions given to them by Mercedes and upgraded correctly. Who is correct?

Thanks in advance

· Registered
ML500
140 Posts
NIXCLK said:
Please could someone give me a definitive answer. My CLK was serviced 3 weeks ago and my DVD Sat/Nav DVD was changed under warranty fro ver 4.0 to ver 2.2. The manufacturer is Navteq the unit is a Harman Becker.

When I spoke with Mercedes customer service they advised me that the upgrade should have been from ver 4.0 to ver 6.1 when it became available at the end of June and it would have cost attached to it.

The dealers say that they have carried out the instructions given to them by Mercedes and upgraded correctly. Who is correct?

Thanks in advance
Which country are you in ??

From memory, 2.2 is really old and was the 1st release. You can buy 6.1 (for Europe) .. but I doubt they would be upgrading you for free from 4.0 to 6.1 (which was actually release last month) - as you say, it would cost.

Did they charge you for the 2.2 disk ??

What are the part numbers on the nav disk ??

Go look at my Comand-aps faq at http://www.mercupgrades.com for list of map disk part numbers ..

Richard

· Registered
CLK 270 CDi 2004
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Richard - Thanks for getting back to me. I am in the UK. They did not charge me for the 'upgrade' from 4.0 to 2.2 as it was done under warranty. The part number I have is A 169 827 16 59 / 05
Do you know the cost if I have to pay for the 6.1 upgrade and from where I can get it?

Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.